The Birkdale Primary School Board of Trustees is in the process of implementing an enrolment scheme as directed by the Ministry of Education under section 11H(1) of the Education Act 1989.
All students who live within the home zone shall be entitled to enrol at the school. See below frequently asked questions and a map of the proposed zone.
Members of the community are invited to send their comments regarding the proposed enrolment scheme in writing to: Board of Trustees, Birkdale Primary School, 10 Salisbury Road, Birkdale 0626, Auckland – submissions close 11th December 2020.
A child is eligible to enrol if:
- their parents are New Zealand citizens
- their parents have New Zealand residency
- their parents are residents in NZ and have work permits, and the child has a student visa
- they come from countries where there are reciprocal enrolment rights, such as Australia or Pacific Island countries
Students who have been excluded from a NZ school do not have the automatic right to enrol at this or any other school.
How to enrol
You can collect an enrolment pack from our school office. You must complete the forms inside the pack:
- School enrolment form
- Dental Health Service form (Waitemata Health)
- Hearing and Vision Testing authorisation form (Waitemata Health)
What to bring when you enrol a child
When you enrol a child, you must show us certain documents.
New entrants (children enrolling at school for the very first time):
- The child’s birth certificate or passport
- The child’s immunisation certificate
New entrant children are entitled to three school visits. You can arrange these at the office when you enrol your child. These visits are on a Tuesday from 9am to 10.15am.
If the child has already been enrolled in another New Zealand school, we still require a copy of their birth certificate or passport as well as valid visa details (if applicable).
All children enrolling in New Zealand schools from Term 3, 2007 will be enrolled electronically on the Ministry of Education Enrolment database called Enrol.