Te Kaupapa o Te Puàwaitanga.
Vision/Te Tino Wàwata
Ko tòku reo….
Te raukura mò tòku mana Màori
Te pounamu mò tòku mana motuhake
Te mauri mò tòku tino rangatiratanga
Rationale/Ngà Tino Whakaaro
We, the whànau of Te Puàwaitanga –
• are committed to supporting our tamariki towards reaching their full potential.
• recognise that te reo me òna tikanga underpin the educational path we have chosen for our tamariki.
• understand that each of us has a responsibility to validate and support this pathway.
• will work with staff to uphold the kaupapa of Te Puàwaitanga.
Core Values/Ngà Tino Uara
We believe that –
• people are the greatest treasure – they must be treated with respect and dignity.
• our language is a sacred gift handed down from our ancestors.
• we must implement cultural standards wherever possible.
• learning is lifelong and is valuable.
• respect and care are to be shown
– for one’s self.
– for mana tangata.
– for feelings / wairua, hinengaro.
– for the environment.
– for property, resources and personal belongings.
We will –
• deliver quality education based on kaupapa Màori pedagogy in a positive and safe learning environment (e.g mahi tuakana / teina).
• strive to set, attain and maintain the highest standards of education with our tamariki.
• identify a range of evidence that reflects progress and student achievement.
• share student achievement in a way that recognises the role of the whànau and kaiako together in the learning process.
• spend time recognising and acknowledging the successes of our tamariki and whànau.
• support the staff of Te Puàwaitanga in determining the delivery of quality education to our tamariki (e.g behaviour management).
• promote the on-going professional development of kaiako.
• enable the development of quality resources to support the learning process.
• maintain open and transparent engagement between the school and parents.
• be supportive and inclusive of each other by seeking ways to build relationships, especially for new whànau.
• look to increase individual whànau knowledge and understandings about learning in order to support tamariki at home.